- Ten black rocks, or rocks painted black if you wanna steal some from your front yard. These are for the eyes and mouth.
- An orange candle with a small dowel glued to the end to use as a nose.
- A scarf (thrift store shop)
- A top hat (thrift store shop)
- 3 or 4 buttons large enough to look as though they are the buttons on his shirt
For more detailed information, click here!
Gift Card Holder - Snow Globe Style
- Need: A mason jar, a gift card, a hot glue gun, glitter, cute designs for the outside, water, ribbon and a few small ornaments.
- On the inside of the lid of the jar, glue a strip and stand the gift card up. Make sure this dries completely. You can also glue ornaments to the lid as well.
- Add some glitter to the bottom of your jar, it can be any color you'd like.
- Next, fill the jar with water and add in the rest of your ornaments.
- Put the lid on the jar and flip it upside down (make sure the lid is as tight as you can make it)!
- Tie a bow to the outside or decorate the jar as you'd like.
- You've got a snow globe! What a cute and creative way to gift a gift card!
If you need a more detailed explanation, look here!
Lay Back and Relax
- Roll up a throw blanket (Target and Walmart have them for pretty cheap)
- Add a Christmas classic book or movie (or both)
- Movie Ideas: The Polar Express, The Santa Clause, Elf, Miracle on 34th Street, or A Christmas Story
- Book Ideas: A Christmas Carol (Charles Dickens), Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Robert L. May), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Dr. Seuss), or The Night Before Christmas (Clement C. Moore)
- Next, add a few pouches of individually wrapped hot chocolate or tea
- Tie a big bow around it and add a card!
The picture shows this idea in a beach format (beach towel, magazine, and sunblock). You really could take this idea and run with it!
Let the Creativity Flow
- Grab a utensil caddy (or any kind of caddy for that matter)
- Paint the outside in chalkboard paint and write a message on it in chalk ("Create" or something to that effect)
- Now just add in a bunch of art supplies inside and you're done!
- Think scissors, goggly eyes, paint, markers, colored pencils, glue, crayons, anything artsy!
This is such quick and easy, yet cute and useful gift!
If you need more detail or more visuals, check this out!
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream!
- Grab a large shoebox and line it with colored tissue paper.
- Pick up some waffle cone bowls and sugar cones from Walmart and add those in the box.
- Also, get some different candies to put on the ice cream (think sprinkles, gummy bears, chocolate chips, m&ms, etc.)
- Add in some chocolate syrup (either from the store or find a recipe online to try to make some yourself)
- Lastly, label each bag of candy and the sauce and decorate the box!
This website has awesome details on how to make this happen!
Cupcakes to the Extreme
- Fun cupcake liners (at least 50-100) and put them in a shoebox or tin lunchbox
- Cupcake mix
- Pastry bags and a few tips
- A small spatula
Awesome idea! Add a tag that says, "Just Bake and Add Frosting"