Friday, January 4, 2013

Computer

Date: December 30, 2012
Time: 9:30am
Location: First Baptist Church of Norfolk
Number: 9

During the Christmas Eve service at my church I was reminded of the church's need for computers and computer equipment.  My family had told me about it once before, knowing my old laptop was laying on the floor in the corner of my bedroom, but I had forgotten.

I can't lie, this computer was dead, had stickers all over the back of it and was obviously owned by a middle schooler.  The laptop died when I was in high school.  It was an old Gateway and I bought it for about $300 when I was in like 7th grade.  I got a few good years out of it, but eventually I let the virus protection run out and, obviously, it got viruses.

I knew I needed to get rid of the laptop, especially now that I have my Mac.  I had no need for it, and no one in my house could get it to work.  I was planning on trashing it, smashing the screen like my brother and I did to our old family computer that died.  Realizing the only reason we did that was because of tax stuff that was on it, I decided it would be silly for me to do that.  Even if it would be fun.

My Gateway and I parted ways on Sunday when I donated it to the church.  I have no idea if they will be able to fix it or get anything out of it, but I figured it was better to give it to them and let them try than just throw it away.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of this glorious laptop for you to laugh at, but I'm sure you can imagine its beauty.

Remember, giving is all about giving what you can.  I couldn't donate a working, new computer, but I was able to give something.  Who knows, maybe someone will learn how to fix a computer thanks to this donation.  I'm sure God can use this act of kindness to glorify His kingdom some how!

Hebrews 13:16

No comments:

Post a Comment