Friday, January 4, 2013

Goodwill

Date: December 23, 2012
Time: 6:30pm
Location: Goodwill
Number: 8

You can easily look in my closet and drawers and see the abundant amount of clothing I own.  It's crazy.  All the t shirts I've accumulated over the years, the "sale" clothes I buy for no reason.  I am blessed beyond reason.  I love my clothes, but I noticed this year at school how much I brought with me and how rarely I wear certain pieces.  

I like to say I'm a giver, but it is hard for me to part with clothes.  I can donate old toys and shoes and trinkets all day long, but clothes are hard for me.  It's not like I can't give them away because I won't have any left.  I'd still have enough for weeks if I gave half my wardrobe away.  

Coming home from school with boxes of clothes and stuff made me a little stressed out.  Where in the world could I fit all of the stuff I have?  I don't have a clue how it fit in my room prior to me moving it out for school.  I decided it was time to do a sweep of my room and grab a few bags to donate or trash stuff.  

I ended up with a giant bag full of everything you can imagine: t shirts, teddy bears, pants, shorts, dresses, shoes, erasers, etc.  There was seriously some random stuff in there.  I found it hard to part with certain shirts because of their sentimental value.  (I'm strange that way.)  I had to remind myself that it was only a shirt, I had the memories, and that someone else needed it way more than I did.  

Here is a blurry (sorry) picture of the bags I brought to Goodwill a few days before Christmas.  The bag on the left from Steve and my mom cleaning out their closets and the one on the right is mine.  Hopefully someone finds these clothes helpful and keeps them warm this cold winter!


Hebrews 13:16

No comments:

Post a Comment