Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Band & Trash

Date: May 7, 2013
Time: 8:45pm
Location: Windsor High School
Number: 13

I (finally) got to go see my youngest brother play trumpet in his band concert tonight. All of his past concerts were either while I was away at college or in Italy. I was so excited to finally get to see him play! He did amazing. (I mean he's my brother, how could he not?) I am so proud of the young man he is becoming. 


At the end of the show I saw some trash on the ground. I know it's not much, but I picked it up and threw it away. I'm sure that wasn't the only few pieces of trash on that auditorium floor, but by picking it up I hope to make the janitor's job a little easier! They will never know it was there or that someone helped them out, but that's part of this journey. I am learning to be kind without the expectation of anything in return, including a simple "thank you."  

Think about it, when was the last time you did something good that no one would ever know about unless you told them? Something no one would notice? 

Hebrews 13:16

No comments:

Post a Comment