Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cooking Adventures to Come...

I've never been a cooker.  I hated helping my mom cook dinner in the kitchen and I still don't enjoy it all that much.  While this may be true, it is getting to be that time - I need to learn to cook.  As unfortunate as this task seems, I have decided to make it as exciting as possible.  Who knows?  I may end up loving it!  Never know until you try.

Here are some of the recipes I've found that look good.  If I'm cooking, I need to at least cook something that I think I'll like.

You can find the links to the recipes original page by clicking on the caption of each photo.  I'm giving very simple cooking instructions for each dish, but if you want the full thing, click the caption.  I am also not including the ingredients, so clicking would be helpful.

Entrees: 
Chicken Noodle Casserole
I've heard casseroles aren't too difficult, and this one looks pretty tasty!  
Chicken Noodle Casserole
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves.  After they are cooked, cut them into small pieces.
Step 2: Cook egg noodles and drain.  Mix cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, and sour cream in a large bowl.
Step 3: Add the egg noodles and chicken to the sauce mixture.  Stir together and place into a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish.
Step 4: Melt butter and stir in graham crackers.  Top the casserole with shredded Colby jack cheese and the buttery crackers.  
Step 5: Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
How delicious does this look?
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Step 1: Prepare pancake batter (see directions on their website).
Step 2: Mix butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Scoop it into a small baggie and set aside.  You don't want to too liquidy.
Step 3: Heat butter and cream cheese until melted.  Whisk together with powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
Step 4: heat a large skillet over medium-low heat.  Scoop about 3/4 cup batter onto the skillet.  Snip the corner of the baggie of filling and squeeze a spiral of filling onto the top of the pancake.
Step 5: Spoon warmed glaze onto the top of each pancake.
Shells and Cheese
If you know me, you know I LOVE mac and cheese.  I could eat it all day every day.
Shells and Cheese
Step 1: Cook shells.
Step 2: Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour, salt, and peper.  Slowly add the milk and stir until it becomes thick.  Stir in the cheese until melted.
Step 3: Drain shells and add them to the cheese sauce.


Side Items:
Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes
While I suppose this could be an entree, I feel like I would eat it as a side.
Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes
Step 1: Bake potatoes.
Step 2: Heat butter, add broccoli and salt.  Cook this, about two minutes!
Step 3: Add garlic and water; cook until crisp.
Step 4: Transfer to a bowl and add lemon juice.
Step 5: Cut each potato in half, scoop out the flesh and put in a medium bowl.  Mash until smooth.
Step 6: Stir in cheddar cheese, broccoli, sour cream, half and half, butter, lemon zest, powdered mustard, and salt and pepper
Step 7: Spoon into the crisp potato shells.
Step 8: Broil until brown and crisp on top.

Cheesy Garlic Biscuits
I know I love the ones from Red Lobster, so I hope these turn out to be as good!
Cheesy Garlic Biscuits
Step 1: Mix biscuit mix, cheese, and milk.
Step 2: Drop lumps of dough onto cookie sheets 1.5 inches apart.  Bake for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Melt butter and mix with oregano and garlic salt.
Step 4: When the timer goes off, brush the biscuits with the butter mixture.  Bake 5 minutes at 400F and another 5-6 minutes at 350F.


Desserts:
Chocolate Berries
This has to be the easiest and tastiest looking thing I've seen!
There's no page for this because it's so simple.
Step 1: Fill an ice tray with melted chocolate.
Step 2: Put berries in.
Step 3: Freeze.

Cookie Dough Cupcakes
Don't know if I'm up for this one quite yet.  It took the original person three days to make... But they look delicious.  The steps I have listed are obvious steps, but I'm not about to type out a 23 step recipe if you can just click the link below :) !  It really doesn't look that hard though.
Cookie Dough Cupcakes
Step 1: Make the cupcake batter.  Bake for 20 minutes.
Step 2: Make the filling.  Roll the dough into balls approximately one-inch.
Step 3: After the cupcakes have cooled, cut a cone shaped portion out of the center of each cupcake and fill with the cookie dough ball.
Step 4: Make the frosting.

Chocolate Heart Peanut Butter Cookies
This is a Betty Crocker recipe so it has to be good.  Peanut butter and chocolate?  Yum!
Chocolate Heart Peanut Butter Cookies
Step 1: Stir cookie mix, oil, water, and egg.
Step 2: Shape dough and place on cookie sheets.
Step 3: Bake!  Immediately press chocolate candy on top of each cookie.


Now I hope this has made everyone else as hungry as it has made me!  These are just 8 of the dishes I hope to make this year.  Who wants to have a cooking party?!





No comments:

Post a Comment