Thursday, February 2, 2012

Crafty Sista!

I'm so excited about everything I made for Christmas this year, I just have to share it all with you!

Some of these items were made for friends, some for family, and a few for myself.  I hope you enjoy!  If you have any questions about how I did anything or suggestions on how to improve what I did do, please leave a reply.  I love new ideas and seeing what all of you have made as well!


Finals Week!


These were made for finals week for all of the girls on my hall.  I was so happy that they loved them as much as I did!  Each bag has three Smarties and three Hershey's Kisses.  The tag reads, "Good luck on finals, Smartie!"



Christmas Lovin'!

Scarf, Gloves, and Nail Polish!
I was so excited about this one!  It was one of the easiest, cheapest, and most useful gifts I've ever given.  I bought purple gloves and a scarf from Walmart and purple and gold nail polish to include in the gift.  For those of you that don't know, JMU's colors are purple and gold.  This was made for a girl in my IV small group.  I put the nail polish in the tigers of the gloves and tied the scarf in a bow holding it all together.  I also added some gold ribbon to make it cuter! 


52 Things I Love About You
I made this for my daddy this year!  I found this idea on a few websites and thought it was the coolest thing ever.  My dad always wants creative gifts (i.e. poems, stories, letters, etc.), so I thought this was the best idea for him!  All I had to buy was card stock to make the front and back of the book.  I used a deck of cards and wrote one reason I love him on each of the cards, making 52 reasons.  I hole punched all of them and put some binder clips through the holes to keep it together.  He loved it and I had a blast making it!


Ornament Number 1
This year I got super creative with Christmas presents.  For my grandparents I actually made an ornament!  All I had to to was buy an ornament (from Michaels), print out a picture of us, and decorate.  Super fast and easy.  I chose a picture from Disney World with my cousin, my grandparents, and myself.  We love Disney World, so I knew they would like it.



Ornament Number 2
Similarly, I made an ornament for my mom of the picture of my family at my high school graduation.  You can see the decoration "Grad 2011" on the back (left), and the picture from the front (right).  She loved it and I am thinking about doing something similar every year for a different person.  It was a cheap, easy, and meaningful gift that both my grandparents and my mom loved.

For me!
 These weren't really gifts I gave to myself... they were just some fun things I made for myself in my down time, and I really liked them, so I thought I'd share.

Tissue Paper Ball
This is made from tissue paper.  My friend Keera and I found this online and wanted to make them to decorate our white-walled dorm rooms some more!  I actually made one more and hung them above my bed.  I really like how they turned out.  The weren't the easiest things to make/attach to the wall, but it was a lot of fun spending time with Keera and being creative at the same time.


Best Thing Ever - Crayon Art!
I had such a blast making this.  Randall, my boyfriend, came over to help make it after I saw it online.  We hot glued the crayons on the canvas and took a blowdryer to it.  WARNING: Do this outside, the blowdryer melting the crayon causes it to splatter, a lot.  We found this out the hard way.  (Sorry, Mom!)  I thought it looked bland without anything on the bottom, so I decided to add a quote and "Dream."  As you can see it's a Walt Disney quote.  If you haven't caught on, I like Disney!


Once again, please let me know if you have any questions about how I made any of this or if you have any suggestions on how to improve anything!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday! 




No comments:

Post a Comment