Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Chai Latte

Date: December 5, 2012
Time: 2:15 pm
Location: Carrier Library
Act Number: 2

I knew I wanted to continue my random acts of kindness in the library today because everyone, and I mean everyone, is stressing about finals.  The Starbucks workers are making tons of drinks, the students are studying, and the librarians are working hard to make sure students are using the library to the fullest.

Of all of these people, I feel like the librarians are appreciated least.  I decided to bless her by buying her a drink from Starbucks.  Our conversation went something like this:

Librarian: How can I help you?
Me: Actually, I wanted to do something for you.  Can I buy you something from Starbucks?
Librarian: smiles What? Why?
Me: Well I just wanted to do something nice and let you know that you are appreciated.
Librarian: Okay, well I don't want you to have to wait in that long line.
Me: Oh that's okay, I was going to anyway.

She was shocked that someone was treating her.  She couldn't stop smiling, which meant I couldn't stop smiling.  I was nervous at first.  I didn't know what she would say and I didn't really know how to go about asking her what she wanted.  Luckily, she was very sweet and it all worked out.  She was even concerned for me to spend my time in the line, but I was planning on it before asking her for her order.

She gave me her order of a Chai Latte with nonfat milk and I went to get it for her.  When I dropped it off, I left a note along with it.  She was in the middle of a conversation, so I just handed it to her, smiled, and walked away.

It is such a great feeling knowing that you made someone happy!








No comments:

Post a Comment