Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hot Chocolate

Date: December 7, 2012
Time: 5:15pm
Location: Carrier Library
Number: 6

Danielle and I were working on our Education finals in the library when we decided we needed to take a break and get something from Starbucks.  I didn't know if I actually wanted hot chocolate or not, but ordered it anyway and decided just to give it to someone that was studying.  I saw one of my sorority sisters working on something.  I decided that would be the perfect person to give it to.  I didn't know her very well.  There are 182 of us and getting to know that many people in a short three months is too hard.

I went up to her and let her know that I bought it for her.  She was confused as to why I would buy it for her, but I just explained what I was doing and she was happy to take it and thanked me.  She even posted a picture on Facebook.

Giving coffee has been my favorite act of kindness so far.  Everyone is so surprised when I ask to buy it for them or give it to them.  It is an awesome chance to talk about God, but I haven't taken it so far.  I guess for me it is a scary thing to do.  I'm afraid of rejection, but I need to get over it.  God put this project on my heart, so I need to glorify Him as much as possible through it.  Pray for courage that I can talk about Him when working for Him.

Here are some photos of the hot cocoa!

This is the one Paige took and posted on Facebook!



No comments:

Post a Comment