Sunday, December 9, 2012

Intentional

I was talking to my friend Danielle the other day about my 100 acts of kindness project.  She loves what I am doing, but we were talking about what "counts" and what doesn't.  We were trying to figure out what a "random" act of kindness was and couldn't really figure it out.  Does doing something nice for a friend count?  Or would it only count if it's someone I don't know?  What if I planned it out?  There were a lot of unanswered questions.

Please remember that the purpose of this project is for me and for the Lord.  I want to glorify Him by serving others.  Hebrews 13:16 speaks to this.  This project is not to make anyone think I am an awesome person or anything like that.  The reason I am posting it on here is to give others ideas on how to serve in small ways.  I found out about the project through blog posts like this, so I thought it may help someone else in the future.

Upon reflection, I've decided to change my project name.  The acts I am doing are not random at all, they are intentional.  I have created this project to intentionally serve people, not randomly do nice things.  Therefore, I'm changing the name to "100 intentional acts of kindness" to be completed whenever it happens.  No deadlines.  No stress.  Just serving.

Please pray that my intentions stay true to Him through this project and I never boast about what I am doing, but tell people with humility.  Also pray that I can tell others about Him in this process!

Thanks for all of your love and support!


No comments:

Post a Comment